Sign in if you already have an account.
  
donate.gif

National Spotlight

Financial Resources —Did you know that there are many financial resources that can help people living with breast cancer? Find out more

Voices of Impact™ — Join us here as we continue to share stories that celebrate the women and men who inspire us all.

Sample Fundraising Letters

Fundraise fast by using one or more of our sample messages below. Don't forget to personalize the message with your own information before sending.

Cut and paste using your own email program or send these messages easily right from your Participant Center. Log In now to get started.

Fundraising from an Individual Participant

Fundraising from a Sleep In for the Cure Participant

Fundraising from a Kids for the Cure Participant 

Fundraising from a Team 

Fundraising to a Business/Organization 

Follow-Up Letter 

Thank You Letter 

Team Recruitment 

Team Encouragement


 From a Participant

I'm taking a bold step and participating in the 19th Annual Susan G. Komen Southern Nevada Race for the Cure® because every 3 minutes, a woman in the United States dies of breast cancer. Worldwide, that figure is at 69 seconds [or INSERT YOUR PERSONAL CONNECTION TO THE CAUSE].

I've set my personal fundraising goal at $[INSERT GOAL AMOUNT] and I'm hoping that you will help me achieve it by making a tax-deductible donation. You can give online safely and securely at [INSERT LINK TO YOUR PERSONAL WEB PAGE]. If you prefer, you may mail your donation to the Southern Nevada Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure at P.O. Box 98809, Las Vegas, NV 89193.  Please make your check payable to the Komen Race for the Cure and add my name in the memo field.

Up to 75 percent of the Komen Southern Nevada Race for the Cure’s net income stays in Southern Nevada to fund local screening, treatment and education programs for the medically underserved. The remaining 25 percent is dedicated to the national Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Grants Program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research.

Thank you in advance for your support. Please call me if you have any questions about the Komen Race for the Cure®. I can be reached at [INSERT PHONE NUMBER OF EMAIL ADDRESS].

Sincerely,

(insert your name)

P.S. I would ask you to consider making an investment of $125, the average cost of a life-saving mammogram.


 From a Sleep In for the Cure Participant

Dear [Your family member’s/friend’s name],

In the early morning hours of May 3, 2014, while thousands of people are running and walking five kilometers around downtown Las Vegas, I'll be doing my part in the global movement to end breast cancer forever . . . by sleeping in!

I’m registered as a Sleep In for the Cure® participant in the 2014 Susan G. Komen Southern Nevada Race for the Cure®!

I may be snoozing away Race Day, but I still plan on making as much of an impact as possible because every 3 minutes, a woman in the United States dies of breast cancer. Worldwide, that figure is at 69 seconds [or INSERT YOUR PERSONAL CONNECTION TO THE CAUSE].

I've set my personal fundraising goal at $[INSERT GOAL AMOUNT] and I'm hoping that you will help me achieve it by making a tax-deductible donation. You can give online safely and securely at [INSERT LINK TO YOUR PERSONAL WEB PAGE]. If you prefer, you may mail your donation to the Southern Nevada Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure at P.O. Box 98809, Las Vegas, NV 89193.  Please make your check payable to the Komen Race for the Cure and add my name in the memo field.

Up to 75 percent of the Komen Southern Nevada Race for the Cure’s net income stays in Southern Nevada to fund local screening, treatment and education programs for the medically underserved. The remaining 25 percent is dedicated to the national Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Grants Program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research.

Thank you in advance for your support. Please call me if you have any questions about the Komen Race for the Cure®. I can be reached at [INSERT PHONE NUMBER OF EMAIL ADDRESS].

Sincerely,

(insert your name)

P.S. I would ask you to consider making an investment of $125, the average cost of a life-saving mammogram. Don't forget to ask your employer if they provide matching gifts for your donation.


 From a Kids for the Cure Participant

Hi [Your friend’s or family member’s name],

In May, I will be participating in Susan G. Komen Southern Nevada Race for the Cure®. The Race takes place in downtown Las Vegas. I decided to do the Race so I could help end breast cancer around the world.

I’m writing to ask you to support me by making a donation to help me reach my fundraising goal of [ENTER GOAL HERE]. Every dollar will make a difference.

All you have to do is go to [INSERT LINK TO YOUR PERSONAL WEB PAGE], then search for my name and make a donation. It only takes a few minutes and will make a big impact.

Thanks for your help!

[Type your name here]


 From a Team

Tens of thousands of people will gather in downtown Las Vegas on May 3, 2014 for the Susan G. Komen Southern Nevada Race for the Cure®. Our goal is to make a huge impact on the global movement to end breast cancer.

I've joined/formed [TEAM NAME] in honor/memory/support of [DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONAL CONNECTION TO THE CAUSE]. My teammates are going to join me at the Komen Southern Nevada Race.

Together, we hope to raise at least [INSERT TEAM GOAL $AMOUNT] for the cause. So I'm hoping for your help to get us to our goal. You can give online safely and securely at [INSERT LINK TO YOUR TEAM WEB PAGE].

Up to 75 percent of the Komen Southern Nevada Race for the Cure’s net income stays in Southern Nevada to fund local screening, treatment and education programs for the medically underserved. The remaining 25 percent is dedicated to the national Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Grants Program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research.

Thank you for supporting me and my team in our efforts to make an impact.

Sincerely,

[Name]


 To a Business/Organization

Tens of thousands of people will gather in downtown Las Vegas on May 3, 2014 to make an impact on the global movement to end breast cancer forever.

Up to 75 percent of the Komen Southern Nevada Race for the Cure’s net income stays in Southern Nevada to fund local screening, treatment and education programs for the medically underserved. The remaining 25 percent is dedicated to the national Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Grants Program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research.

In order to reach my fundraising goal, I am asking for your support in the form of a monetary donation. I am a frequent customer of [COMPANY NAME], and would appreciate any support that you would be able to provide.

Unfortunately, breast cancer has become an all too common occurrence among women and men throughout the world. Now is the time to take action to help end this disease. The more funds that I raise, the sooner we can end this fight.

More information about the Komen Global Race for the Cure can be found at KomenSouthernNevada.org. I can be reached at [PHONE NUMBER]. By supporting me and the Komen Southern Nevada Race, [COMPANY NAME] will ultimately help put an end to breast cancer.

Thank you for your support and consideration.

Sincerely,

[Name]


 Follow-up Letter

I wanted to follow-up on the email I sent you earlier about my participation in the 2014 Susan G. Komen Southern Nevada Race for the Cure®.

There is still time for you to support my efforts with a donation. Each year, up to 75 percent of the Komen Southern Nevada Race for the Cure’s net income stays in Southern Nevada to fund local screening, treatment and education programs for the medically underserved. The remaining 25 percent is dedicated to the national Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Grants Program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research.

As you know, I'm participating in this year's Race because [INSERT YOUR PERSONAL CONNECTION TO THE CAUSE]

You can give online safely and securely at [INSERT LINK TO PERSONAL WEB PAGE].

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

[Name]


 Thank You Letter

Thank you for supporting my participation in the Susan G. Komen Southern Nevada  Race for the Cure® and thank you for your donation. Your gift will undoubtedly save lives. You can read more about the Komen Southern Nevada Race for the Cure and the efforts your donation goes to support at KomenSouthernNevada.org.

So far I've raised [$AMOUNT]. Only [$AMOUNT] more until I reach my goal! I'll be keeping all of my donors in mind, and in my heart, on Race Day. Without your generosity, none of this would be possible.

Sincerely,

[Name]


 Team Recruitment Letter

I am writing today because I'm putting together a team -- [Team Name] -- to participate in the Susan G. Komen Southern Nevada Race for the Cure® and I'm hoping you'll join us.

On May 3, 2014, literally thousands of people will gather in downtown Las Vegas to run or walk in the fight against breast cancer.

Up to 75 percent of the Komen Southern Nevada Race for the Cure’s net income stays in Southern Nevada to fund local screening, treatment and education programs for the medically underserved. The remaining 25 percent is dedicated to the national Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Grants Program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research.

Let's get started today. To register, go to [INSERT TEAM WEB PAGE LINK HERE]. If you are unable to walk or run with us on Race Day, please consider joining the Team as a Sleep In for the Cure® participant. Or, simply show your support by making a tax-deductible donation.

No matter how you get involved, the important thing is that you are joining us in the global movement to end breast cancer. Thanks and I'm really hoping you can join us on May 4th.

Sincerely,

[Name]


 Team Encouragement

Together we've raised [$AMOUNT] so far. Please keep up the good work! Our efforts will benefit the Southern Nevada Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and the global movement to end breast cancer forever.

Please use your Participant Center to email your friends, family and co-workers asking for donations or recruiting new members. Please don't forget to follow up with the people who have not yet responded to your request for a donation, and send a thank you note to those who have made donations on your behalf.

Don't give up! I know you can do it, and I want to help us all get there together. There are some great fundraising rewards in our future if we meet our goals.

[Insert details of upcoming team meetings or fundraising events.]

Let's do our part to end breast cancer forever.

Sincerely,

[Name]