Sign in if you already have an account.
  
donate.gif

National Spotlight

Financial Resources —Did you know that there are many financial resources that can help people living with breast cancer? Find out more

Voices of Impact™ — Join us here as we continue to share stories that celebrate the women and men who inspire us all.

Komen Southern Nevada Race For the Cure

Are You Inspired to Save a Life

Thank you Southern Nevada for another successful Race for the Cure!
We had an amazing 9,667 participants!

Click here to view the photos from the 2014 Race for the Cure!
Be sure to check back soon, as we are still waiting for more photos to arrive!

Fundraising for the 2014 Komen Southern Nevada Race for the Cure is now closed.
If you raised over $250 and are eligible for a Fundraising Reward, you should have received an
email with information on claiming your prize.
If you haven't received that, please contact us at office@komensouthernnevada.org.

Timed Runners: Click here to view your finish time!

Click here to watch a video of our 2013 Race for the Cure!


Save the date for our 20th Anniversary Race for the Cure on Saturday, May 2, 2015!


OUR RACE

The Komen Southern Nevada Race for the Cure® has experienced tremendous growth since it's inception in 1996. What started in a mall parking lot with 1,359 participants has grown into the largest, non-profit footrace in the state of Nevada. With over 12,000 people traveling through the streets of downtown Las Vegas year after year, we have established this one-day event as the best of its kind, raising millions of dollars to find a cure for breast cancer and provide life-saving services to our community.

OUR AFFILIATE

The Southern Nevada Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure - along with those who generously support us with their talent, time and resources - is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in our community. We are a grant-making organization that funds non-duplicative, community-based grants that translate the findings from research into breast health education and seek to enhance the availability of breast cancer screening and treatment for the uninsured and medically underserved in Clark, Nye, Lincoln, Esmeralda, White Pine and Mineral counties.

OUR IMPACT

Up to 75 percent of the net proceeds generated by Komen Southern Nevada stay in the community, while the remaining 25 percent goes to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Award and Research Grant Program, supporting breast cancer research, awards, and educational and scientific programs around the world. In the last eighteen years, our affiliate has invested over $6.5 million into community breast health programs.

OUR PASSION

Because 10 million women around the world could die from breast cancer in the next 25 years without a cure, Susan G. Komen for the Cure is every minute of every day to save every life. Because every woman is at risk for breast cancer - a disease that strikes at random and for which the causes and cures are still unknown - we know that every moment counts.

OUR PROMISE

At Susan G. Komen for the Cure, we know that ending breast cancer is about more than curing a medical condition - it's about overcoming the cultural, social and financial conditions that prevent women from receiving life-saving breast health care and treatment. Our promise is our mission: to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures.

OUR STORY

Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. That promise became Susan G Komen for the Cure® in 1982, launching the global breast cancer movement. Today, Komen for the Cure is the world's largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists in over 120 cities and 200 countries. We have played a critical role in every major advance in the fight against breast cancer over the past 30 years, transforming the way the world talks about and treats this devastating disease and helping to turn millions of breast cancer patients into breast cancer Survivors.